Is there a minimum rental duration?
Low season (November – April) 3 nights
Mid season (May, September/October) 4 nights
High season (June – August) 6/7 nights (Pick up must take place on a Friday or Saturday afternoon only.)
Can I pick up or drop off my campervan at the airport?
Upon request, we can arrange a shuttle service for you and your baggage to & from Dublin airport. Please contact us prior to booking for prices and availability. We conduct all vehicle demonstrations, pickups and drops offs from collection point only.
Camper Collections & Returns
What time can I pick up and drop off the campervan?
Pick up time: 3pm.
Drop off time: between 9am and 11am.
These times are in place to allow for the cleaning of the van in between rentals.
We suggest you allow about 40 mins for pick up and 20 mins for drop off.
When can we collect and return our campervan?
The campervan may be collected and dropped off 6 days a week Monday to Saturday only with the following exceptions:
Bank holiday weekends: strictly no camper collections on a Sunday or bank holiday Monday.
Collections and returns are by strict appointment
1 hire day = exactly 1 x 24 hours from the collection time of 3pm.
Extension fees are charged at €15/hour.
During the darker winter months (November – February) we strongly encourage camper collections before 4pm so that vehicle familiarisation and first drive can take place during daylight hours.
At least 24 hours notice is required to change your allocated collection time. Please understand that camper collections are in a carefully coordinated queue so last minute changes can have a domino effect.
No refund is given for an early return of the vehicle for any reason.
Please consider that the next customer may be collecting the vehicle within hours of your return time. If the vehicle is returned late (i.e. outside the times agreed), Wanderings may need to charge a late fee together with any additional costs incurred by Wanderings (e.g. compensation to the next hirer.)
Please notify us ASAP if you get delayed or if you wish to change either your collection or return times.
Can I order food for my campervan?
What equipment is included with my hire?
Campers are fully equipped for camping. Please see our ‘What’s Included?’ within the Campervan page for full breakdown of what you’ll find in the van. You will receive a full itinerary upon confirmation of your booking.
Can a baby seat be fitted to any of your campervans?
Your hire comes with a 3-point seatbelt car seat and we have 1 booster seats if you require them. Unfortunately, we do not have an ISOFIX installed in the campervan so we cannot facilitate your personal Iso-fix seat if you have one, but please use ours, it’s new and very safe.
Will I be instructed on how to work the campervan?
Yes, upon collection you will be given a 40min demonstration. Please ensure you arrive with enough time before you plan to head off.
How many passengers can the camper transport?
Four passengers as there are 4 seatbelts. 2 in the main driving area & 2 in the back – the table area and couch. Seatbelts are situated on this couch and it is where the child car seat would be set up if required.
Camping in Ireland
Can I pull up and camp anywhere?
Camping in areas outside of camp sites is all about using common sense. Most national parks offer areas for campers to park overnight free of charge. Ireland is noted for its rural beauty and often the best way to experience this is to ‘Wild Camp’. For more information on this please visit our Travel Tips page and check out ‘Wild Camping’.
Does Ireland have good campsites?
Is it possible to wild camp in Ireland?
Ireland is still pretty free and easy and wild camping is acceptable. Overnight camping is not permitted at most popular tourist attractions but if you move a few miles down the road you will surely find a beautiful location to stop and camp.
Go to our Travel Tips page for a detailed list of locations suitable for Wild Camping.
There are a couple of good wild-camping resources you can refer to online:
Drivers, Licences & Insurance
How old do I need to be to drive a Wanderings vehicle?
Drivers must be 25 years of age or over. If you are over the age of 70 years, please contact us prior to booking a medical certificate is required.
Do I have to pay for more than one driver?
No you don’t have to pay for additional drivers, all drivers insurance is covered in the hire fee and agreement BUT we must receive all requested documentation from all drivers in advance. Please send all drivers docs together if possible.
Do I need a special licence to drive a Wanderings vehicle?
All our vehicles can be driven on a standard full car drivers license (B License). International drivers will require an International driver’s license if the license issued by their country of residence is not in English.
Can we pay a CDW or reduce the insurance excess?
When should I confirm driver details?
All drivers must be confirmed no later than 6 weeks in advance of hire. If your booking is made within 6 weeks of hire then all driver details must be furnished at the time of booking.
What supporting documents are required?
Full instructions about the required supporting documentation will be emailed to you when you make a booking.
A completed booking form is required at the time of booking.
The driver documents listed in the ‘Driver Document Checklist in the next section. Documents are required 6 weeks in advance of hire or immediately if booking is made within 6 weeks of hire.
Documents can be scanned & emailed, photocopied & posted, or photographed with a smart phone / tablet & emailed. Documents must be legible.
Driver Document Checklist
- Copy of Drivers Licence – front & back (for UK licences a check-code is also required for validation).
- Copy of a recently dated Statement OR Utility Bill for confirmation of address.
- If the address on your licence does not match your current residential address then a second recently dated Statement OR Utility Bill is also required for confirmation of address.
- All non UK and Irish drivers must also provide:
- Copy of Passport or a Copy of National Identity Card. This is required in addition to your licence and confirmation of address document.
* For UK licence holders please visit this site http://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. to generate a “Check Code” in order to share your driving record with Wanderings. The ‘check code’ will be valid for 21 days. In order for the DVNLI to release the relevant information the driver must contact the DVLNI to give his/her permission for Wanderings to access their information. The DVNLI contact info is here: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/driver-and-vehicle-agency-driver-licensing-enquiries.
Can I use or transfer my own insurance?
Wanderings rental agreement comprises of a fully comprehensive self-drive hire insurance through AXA Insurance. Wanderings cannot accept the use of any other insurance cover for our vehicles. It is not possible to transfer or use your own car insurance even if you have a motor trader policy. A Wanderings campervan may only be driven by the hirer and/or additional drivers who have been disclosed, named and agreed by Wanderings during the booking process.
Do you accept international drivers licences?
We do not accept International Drivers Licences. We ask that you present a valid national driving licence issued in your country of permanent residence.
Do I need a special licence to drive a camper?
A normal drivers licence is all that is required to drive a campervan.
What are the driver requirements?
All drivers must between the ages of 25 – 70 inclusive.
European drivers must have a full licence for a minimum of 2 years. EEA Licences must be held for a minimum of 5 years. US & Canadian licences must be held for a minimum of 8 years. No novice drivers please.
Any penalty points, driving convictions or accidents must be disclosed at the time of booking. Dates and descriptions or codes for all convictions must be provided.
European Travel - Can we travel to the UK or Europe?
Wanderings are covered for travel within the 32 counties of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. They cannot be taken across the water to the UK or Europe under any circumstance.
Wanderings reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals, rallies or promotional events.
Violation of Traffic Laws and Regulations.
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees received during their rental.
Wanderings will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of €25 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
All issues should be reported immediately to Wanderings by telephone on +353 (0)87 9754101. Failure to contact Wanderings may impact your security deposit and may result in the loss of any refunds due as a result of breakdown. The Hirer should never engage the help of a third-party mechanic or any other repairs person without first contacting Wanderings.
In the event of breakdown 24 hour roadside assistance and recovery is provided by the AA. Minor repair bills up to the value of €100 will be reimbursed by Wanderings upon production of receipts. Repairs in excess of this amount must first be authorised by Wanderings PRIOR to the work being undertaken.
In the rare case of a breakdown that cannot be repaired the AA will tow the vehicle and occupants to a local garage for repair and a choice of one of the following supports will be offered free of charge:
1) Car hire for up to 2 days.
2) Overnight accommodation for the vehicle occupants for one night.
3) Refund of up to €100 for public transport expenses where receipts can be provided.
Wanderings cannot accept liability for any other costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause, e.g., replacement vehicle costs, travel, accommodation other than a choice of the 3 supports offered by our AA cover listed above.
Wanderings liability extends to refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle.
Depending on the circumstances, we reserve the right not to replace the Vehicle.
Any accident or incident causing damages must be reported immediately to Wanderings by telephone on +353 (0)87 9754101. Failure to contact Wanderings may impact your security deposit and may result in the loss of any refunds due as a result of the accident or damages. The Hirer should never engage the help of a third party without first contacting Wanderings.
In case of an Accident or Damages cause by a Third Party please take the following steps:
- Always report the incident to Wanderings immediately by telephone +353 (0)87 9754101
- Inform the Garda (Police in Republic) / Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI) and obtain an Incident or Crime Number
- Note the name, phone number and address of the third party, other driver and the vehicle owner, if different
- Note the name, phone number and address of each witness
- Describe any injury to yourself or others
- Describe damage to vehicle(s) and other property
- Note the name and address of the other driver’s insurance company (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the number of certificate of insurance (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the registration number of other vehicle(s)
- Note the name or Number of any Garda at the scene or any AA patrol attending
- Note the location of accident
- Take photographs of the scene if you have a camera
- If possible please also take the following steps:
- Note the speed of vehicles involved
- Note the width of road, road markings, state of road surface, weather conditions, visibility, time of day
- Describe the debris or marks on the road relevant to the accident
- Describe the manner of other driver’s driving
- Draw a rough sketch of vehicle positions before and after the accident
- Note whether other driver and passengers were wearing seatbelts
Any accidental damage caused to a vehicle once covered by the Rental Agreement but still on Wanderings premises shall be deemed as the Hirer’s responsibility.
What is the payment schedule?
If your booking starts in less than 6-weeks:
The full rental payment is due to confirm your booking.
If your booking starts in more than 6-weeks:
The rental payment is paid in two instalments:
1) We take 1 nights hire fee as the booking deposit which is payable at the time of booking to secure your chosen vehicle and dates.
2) The balance payment is payable 4-6 weeks in advance of hire.
In addition to the rental payment there is also a €1000 security deposit required per vehicle. The security deposit is payable through our online Payment system in the Bookings page . This must be paid 24hours in advance of hire.
The security deposit is fully refunded upon safe return of the vehicle to Wanderings within 3-7 days after your return. Please read our Terms & Conditions for details of the rental agreement, insurance, deposits and refunds.
What payment methods do you accept?
Payments are generally automated via our online booking system, but it is also possible to arrange card payments over the phone.
Online payments are provided and secured by SumUp, accepting following credit/debit cards: Mastercard, Visa debit & credit, Maestro, Google Pay, JCB, American Express, alternatively you can choose to pay in cash or by bank transfer.
You will find a link at the end of the Bookings page to payment link. Please choose your seasonal rate (there are 3 rates: Low, Medium and High Season) then add the amount of days you want to hire. You can choose to hire bed linen & towel sets as optional or bring your own.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer, in cash or by card over the phone please contact Karen on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that bank transfers can be accepted no later that 1 week in advance of hire to allow the payment to clear.
Wanderings requires a security deposit of €1000 for the vehicle on hire. The security deposit payment is automatically processed 24 hours in advance of hire. It can also be paid by credit card or in cash on the day of collection by request. If using another payment method the security deposit is payable no later than 1 week in advance of your rental. The security deposit will be refunded in within 3-7 days after the safe return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
- No damage to vehicle, including tyres, or any third party.
- No malfunction, breakdown or repairs caused by the negligence of the hirer. The hirer is required to report any vehicle warning lights, check the water and oil levels in the engine and tyre pressures.
- Vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time.
- Vehicle is refueled.
- Vehicle and contents are returned in the same condition as collected, the interior cleaned including all cooking utensils and camping equipment where applicable.
- No additional cleaning required due to the carriage of pets.
- No additional costs have been incurred during the period of rental, e.g.: violation of traffic laws or regulations.
- The vehicle has not been driven by anyone other than those named in the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
- Additional cleaning fees may be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior and exterior in a reasonably clean condition. The cleaning fee may be raised to €100 in extreme cases. See Cleaning & Associated Fees below.
Can we bring our pet?
We have a no pets policy in our campers during the months of June, July and August.
From October to May we allow the carriage of well-behaved small pets for a surcharge of €75 to cover additional cleaning fees. Please note the €75 pet carriage fee is payable in addition to the normal €30 cleaning fee included in each hire.
There is 1 Leisure battery and 1 solar panel in the campervan.
The Leisure battery charges while you drive and should last 1 week when being used and only being charged up using the solar panel.
The solar panel charges the Leisure battery if you are charging phones
The solar panel works away in the background keeping the leisure battery charged up.
It is a 120Watt panel and will keep the leisure battery charged under normal use.
220V MAINS HOOKUP
When on a campsite you can hook to the mains and recharge the battery while using their sites power.