These terms and conditions have been devised to protect both the hirer and the operator. Wanderings Campers offers camper hire strictly in accordance with the following terms and conditions. By signing these terms and conditions the hirer agrees legally that they have read, understood and accepted the detail of this document.
The rental term of the campervan is for the period from the pick up date to the return date. If you fail to return the campervan to the return point on the return date you are in breach of these terms and will be charged for everyday or part day after the return date and time you fail to return the campervan to the return point. Late returns are charged at €50 per hour or part thereof. One way rentals are not permitted.
Collection / Return Times.
- Collection Point is South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Full address will be issued upon confirmation.
- Campers may be collected & dropped off 6 days a week Monday to Saturday only with the following exceptions:
Bank holiday weekends: strictly no camper collections on a Sunday or bank holiday Monday.
- Collections and returns are by strict appointment
- 1 hire day = exactly 1 x 24 hours from your elected collection time.
Only if the camper is available & not already booked out that day, there is an extension fees are charged at €15/hour.
The following times are in place to allow for the cleaning of the van in between rentals.
We suggest you allow about 40 mins for pick up and 20 mins for drop off.
- Pick Up is between: 15:00 hours and 19:00 hours.
- Pick Up after 17:00 to 19:00 hours is by arrangement only.
- Drop Off is from: 08:00 hours to 11:00 hours at the end of the rental.
- Drop Off before 09:00 hours is by arrangement only.
- Collections and Returns outside office hours 09.00 hours and 17.00 hours must be arranged before the dates in question.
Clients who wish to collect vehicles, before 15.00 hours (no earlier than 12.00 hours) will be charged an extra hourly fee of €15 at the beginning of their hire, but availability depends on previous booking.
- Clients who vacate vehicles later than 11.00 hours will also be charged an extra €100 at the end of their hire.
- No refund is given for an early return of the vehicle for any reason.
Please consider that the next customer may be collecting the vehicle within hours of your return time. If the vehicle is returned late (i.e. outside the times agreed)
- Please notify us ASAP if you get delayed or if you wish to change either your collection or return times. At least 24 hours notice is required to change your allocated collection time. Please understand that camper collections are in a carefully coordinated queue so last minute changes can have a domino effect.
- During the darker winter months (November – February) we strongly encourage camper collections before 16:00 so that vehicle familiarisation and first drive can take place during daylight hours.
Drivers, Licences & Insurance
Drivers (All drivers must be present at pick up of campervan.)
Wanderings is covered under AXA Insurance.
The nightly hire rate covers all drivers insured on the campervan, therefore you will not be charged for additional drivers.
No-one other than you and or any other driver named on the rental agreement may drive the campervan. Drivers must be over 25 and under 70 years of age and have held a full driving license for at least two years. Each driver must provide the following documentation.
1) Up to date driving license.
2) Proof of current address ie utility bill.
Failure to provide adequate documentation will render the hire cancelled resulting in loss of monies paid (See Cancellation). Any endorsements in the last 3 years may incur an additional insurance premium charge. The hirer must insure that all passengers must wear seatbelt provided. It is the drivers reasonability to obey the rules of the road. Any violation of the road traffic act will result in immediate termination of the rental agreement. Should Owner receive, speeding or parking fines, charges or other penalty notices relating to the period of hire, an administration fee of €30 will be added to the charge. Any fines/Penalty points given must be paid by the driver including tolls.
What are the driver requirements?
All drivers must between the ages of 25 – 70 inclusive.
European drivers must have a full licence for a minimum of 2 years. EEA Licences must be held for a minimum of 5 years. US & Canadian licences must be held for a minimum of 8 years. No novice drivers please.
Any penalty points, driving convictions or accidents must be disclosed at the time of booking. Dates and descriptions or codes for all convictions must be provided.
If you are over the age of 70 years, please contact us prior to booking a medical certificate is required.
Do I have to pay for more than one driver?
No, all covered drivers are included in the hire fee. Once we have the correct documentation requested upon booking.
Do I need a special licence to drive a Wanderings vehicle?
All our vehicles can be driven on a standard full car drivers license (B License). International drivers will require an International driver’s license if the license issued by their country of residence is not in English.
Can we pay a CDW or reduce the insurance excess?
Our insurance policy does not allow for a reduction of the excess or a CDW. Alternatively, your credit card company may offer travel insurance that would cover the insurance excess. Please read our Terms & Conditions for more details of the rental agreement, insurance excess and security deposit requirements.
When should I confirm driver details?
All drivers must be confirmed no later than 6 weeks in advance of hire. If your booking is made within 6 weeks of hire then all driver details must be furnished at the time of booking.
What supporting documents are required?
Full instructions about the required supporting documentation will be emailed to you when you make a booking.
A completed booking form is required at the time of booking.
The driver documents listed in the checklist below are required 6 weeks in advance of hire or immediately if booking is made within 6 weeks of hire.
Documents can be scanned & emailed, photocopied & posted, or photographed with a smart phone / tablet & emailed. Documents must be legible.
Driver Document Checklist:
- Copy of Drivers Licence – front & back (for UK licences a check-code is also required for validation).
- Copy of a recently dated Statement OR Utility Bill for confirmation of address.
- If the address on your licence does not match your current residential address then a second recently dated Statement OR Utility Bill is also required for confirmation of address.
- All non UK and Irish drivers must also provide:
Copy of Passport or a Copy of National Identity Card. This is required in addition to your licence and confirmation of address document.
* For UK licence holders please visit this site http://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. to generate a “Check Code” in order to share your driving record with Wanderings. The ‘check code’ will be valid for 21 days. In order for the DVNLI to release the relevant information the driver must contact the DVLNI to give his/her permission for Wanderings to access their information. The DVNLI contact info is here: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/driver-and-vehicle-agency-driver-licensing-enquiries.
Can we insure a driver after we have collected the camper van?
No late additions to the insurance can be created as all documents must be collated and checked in advance.
Can I use or transfer my own insurance?
Wanderings rental agreement comprises fully comprehensive self-drive hire insurance through AXA Insurance. Wanderings cannot accept the use of any other insurance cover for our vehicles. It is not possible to transfer or use your own car insurance even if you have a motor trader policy. A Wanderings vehicle may only be driven by the hirer and/or additional drivers who have been disclosed, named and agreed by Wanderings during the booking process.
Do you accept international drivers licences?
We do not accept International Drivers Licences. We ask that you present a valid national driving licence issued in your country of permanent residence.
Can we travel to the UK or Europe?
Wanderings are covered for travel within the 32 counties of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. The van cannot be taken across the water to the UK or Europe under any circumstance.
Collection of campervan is from South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Unfortunately, there is no car parking facilities on site.
Full Comprehensive Insurance is included in the hire charge and is arranged through AXA Insurance Policy – Full summary and policy wording available on request. Insurance covers the vehicle and its equipment only. Any accidents, Thefts or injuries are at hirers and guests own risk
Bookings require a deposit payment of 1 night hire fee, varies per season. The booking deposit payment may not be refundable (See cancellation).
Your booking confirmation will be sent to you with an invoice in respect of the balance of hire charges and will include the information about the ‘satisfactory return’ deposit of €1000. This is required 24 hours before your time of collection and returned on safe delivery and inspection of the motorhome at the end of the hire.
Settlement of the remaining balance will be due four weeks prior to departure and if not received.
Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and deposit will be forfeited.
If the booking date is less than four weeks prior to the pick-up date, the full Rental payments will be taken upon the booking date and will include the Satisfactory Return Deposit unless to be paid in cash/debit or credit card on collection of vehicle.
Parking & Storage
There is no parking at the Campervan pickup location. Please arrange to get alternative transport to collect the campervan. Call us to chat about how best this can work for you as we’ll help as much as we can.
Can we store our luggage at Wanderings?
Storage is limited within the campers so we advise that you travel light with soft luggage. If you have large suitcases or luggage we are happy to store them for you whilst you travel.
What is the payment schedule?
If your booking starts in less than 6-weeks:
The full rental payment is due to confirm your booking.
If your booking starts in more than 6-weeks:
The rental payment is paid in two instalments:
1) We take 1 nights hire fee as the booking deposit which is payable at the time of booking to secure your chosen vehicle and dates.
2) The balance payment is payable 4 weeks in advance of hire.
In addition to the rental payment there is also a €1000 security deposit required per vehicle. The security deposit is payable by debit or credit card 24 hours in advance of hire.
The security deposit is fully refunded upon safe return of the vehicle to Wanderings within 7 days after your return. Please read our Terms & Conditionsfor details of the rental agreement, insurance excess, deposits and refunds.
What payment methods do you accept?
Payments are generally automated via our online booking system, but it is also possible to arrange card payments over the phone.
Online payments are provided and secured by SumUp
We accept the following credit/debit cards: Mastercard, Visa debit & credit, Maestro, Google Pay, JCB, American Express, alternatively you can choose to pay in cash or by bank transfer – call us to discuss.
You will find a link at the end of the Bookings page to payment link.
Please choose your seasonal rate & add the amount of days you want to hire. You can choose to hire bed linen & towel sets as optional or bring your own.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer, in cash or by card over the phone please contact Karen on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that bank transfers can be accepted no later than 1 week in advance of hire to allow the payment to clear.
Wanderings requires a security deposit of €1000 for the vehicle on hire. The security deposit payment is automatically processed 24 hours in advance of hire. You can pay via our Payment link in Bookings page. If using another payment method ie bank transfer, the security deposit is payable no later than 1 week in advance of your rental. The security deposit or deposits will be refunded in full 3-4 days after the safe return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
- No damage to vehicle, including tyres, or any third party.
- No malfunction, breakdown or repairs caused by the negligence of the hirer. The hirer is required to report any vehicle warning lights, check the water and oil levels in the engine and tyre pressures.
- Vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time.
- Vehicle is refuelled.
- Vehicle and contents are returned in the same condition as collected, the interior cleaned including all cooking utensils and camping equipment where applicable.
- No additional cleaning required due to the carriage of pets.
- No additional costs have been incurred during the period of rental, e.g.: violation of traffic laws or regulations.
- The vehicle has not been driven by anyone other than those named in the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
- Additional cleaning fees may be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior and exterior in a reasonably clean condition. The cleaning fee may be raised to €100 in extreme cases. See Cleaning & Associated Fees below.
Persons excluded by our insurers;
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
Persons who may have to pay additional insurance loadings;
Please contact us if any of the following apply to you;
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
Wanderings reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals, rallies or promotional events.
Violation of Traffic Laws and Regulations.
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees received during their rental.
Wanderings will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of €25 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
All issues should be reported immediately to Wanderings by telephone on +353 (0)87 9754101. Failure to contact Wanderings may impact your security deposit and may result in the loss of any refunds due as a result of breakdown. The Hirer should never engage the help of a third-party mechanic or any other repairs person without first contacting Wanderings.
In the event of breakdown 24 hour roadside assistance and recovery is provided by the AA. Minor repair bills up to the value of €100 will be reimbursed by Wanderings upon production of receipts. Repairs in excess of this amount must first be authorised by Wanderings PRIOR to the work being undertaken.
In the rare case of a breakdown that cannot be repaired the AA will tow the vehicle and occupants to a local garage for repair and a choice of one of the following supports will be offered free of charge:
1) Car hire for up to 2 days.
2) Overnight accommodation for the vehicle occupants for one night.
3) Refund of up to €100 for public transport expenses where receipts can be provided.
Wanderings cannot accept liability for any other costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause, e.g., replacement vehicle costs, travel, accommodation other than a choice of the 3 supports offered by our AA cover listed above.
Wanderings liability extends to refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle.
Depending on the circumstances, we reserve the right not to replace the Vehicle.
Any accident or incident causing damages must be reported immediately to Wanderings by telephone on +353 (0)87 9754101. Failure to contact Wanderings may impact your security deposit and may result in the loss of any refunds due as a result of the accident or damages. The Hirer should never engage the help of a third party without first contacting Wanderings.
In case of an Accident or Damages cause by a Third Party please take the following steps:
- Always report the incident to Wanderings immediately by telephone +353 (0)87 9754101
- Inform the Garda (Police in Republic) / Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI) and obtain an Incident or Crime Number
- Note the name, phone number and address of the third party, other driver and the vehicle owner, if different
- Note the name, phone number and address of each witness
- Describe any injury to yourself or others
- Describe damage to vehicle(s) and other property
- Note the name and address of the other driver’s insurance company (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the number of certificate of insurance (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the registration number of other vehicle(s)
- Note the name or Number of any Garda at the scene or any AA patrol attending
- Note the location of accident
- Take photographs of the scene if you have a camera
- If possible please also take the following steps:
- Note the speed of vehicles involved
- Note the width of road, road markings, state of road surface, weather conditions, visibility, time of day
- Describe the debris or marks on the road relevant to the accident
- Describe the manner of other driver’s driving
- Draw a rough sketch of vehicle positions before and after the accident
- Note whether other driver and passengers were wearing seatbelts
Any accidental damage caused to a vehicle once covered by the Rental Agreement but still on Wanderings premises shall be deemed as the Hirer’s responsibility.
A cleaning fee of €150 will be charged from the security deposit if the campervan is not returned with the interior in a clean condition. Out of respect for our employees, we must insist that the toilet is emptied and cleaned. Please note an additional fee of €70 will be charged from the security deposit if the campervan toilet is not completely emptied and washed out on return.
Gas, Fuel and Oil.
A full tank of fuel is supplied with the Motorhome upon pick up of the Motorhome and you must return the Motorhome with a full tank of fuel.
Any fuel shortage will be charged to you against the ‘Satisfactory Return’ Deposit.
The campervan uses Diesel fuel only.
You will be liable for all repair costs if the incorrect fuel type is used.
Parking Fines, Speeding Fines and Other Driving Penalties
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees relating to any traffic violation under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in Ireland including Northern Ireland.
In the event of cancellation of the booking by the client the following charges shall be incurred:
- More than 6 weeks before: The 25% Booking Deposit will be retained.
4 weeks to no show: 100% of total hire charge.
- Wanderings Campervan Hire advise that clients should have their own holiday/travel insurance to cover such loss.
An inventory of the equipment we provide is available on our website & will be sent to you in detail before your trip. It may be necessary for you to bring additional items in order to enjoy your holiday. We will go through the itemised checklist in the van at the start and end of the hire period.
Smoking and Fire Safety:
Smoking and the lighting of candles are strictly prohibited in our campervans. For your safety our campervans have been fitted with smoke alarms.
A valeting charge of €150 will be levied in all cases where the smoking ban has been ignored.
No animals may be taken into the Motorhome unless otherwise agreed. Abuse of this clause will incur a valeting charge of €150, plus the replacement cost of any item Owner considers to be unfit for future use.
- You must complete a Hire Agreement Form of the campervan with the Owner to identify the state of repair of the campervan and any damage prior to its pick up.
- You must look after the campervan and the keys to it.
- You must always keep the campervan locked securely at all times when unattended, ensuring that you use any and all security device(s) fitted to or supplied with the campervan.
- You must protect the campervan against any adverse weather conditions which can cause damage to the campervan.
- You must ensure that you use the correct fuel for the campervan.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the campervan or any of its parts, fixtures, fittings or items added by the Owner or otherwise.
- You must not grant to anyone legal rights over the campervan.
- You must not let anyone work on the campervan without the Owner’s permission. If the Owner does grant you permission to proceed with work, you will only receive a refund if you have a valid VAT receipt for the work and the works carried out have been authorised by the Owner.
- You must let the Owner know as soon as you become aware of any fault in or with the campervan. You must return the campervan to the Return Point on the Return Date. Until the campervan is safely returned to the Owner you will remain responsible for the campervan.
- The Owner must inspect the campervan before it is handed back to them so that the Owner can ensure that they are satisfied with the condition in which it has been returned.
- You are responsible for any loss or damage to the campervan caused by negligence, misuse or otherwise, whether or not such loss or damage was caused by you.
- You must complete Hire Agreement (return details) form with the Owner to identify the state of repair of the campervan and any damage prior to its return.
- Any points as to the state of repair on which you disagree must be clearly identified. In the absence of such identification, you will be deemed to accept the content of the Return Report in its entirety.
The Hirer warrants that he/she:
- a) shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle or allow the vehicle to be overloaded
- b) shall not use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire or reward
- c) shall not remove the Motorhome from mainland Ireland without prior written permission from the Owner
- d) shall not tow any vehicle or trailer
- e) shall not use the Motorhome for the purposes of racing, time trialling or other purpose not in keeping with normal everyday road usage
- More than 6 weeks prior to hire – 100% booking deposit is refundable
- More than 4 weeks prior to hire –50% of full payment is non refundable
- Less than 2 weeks prior to hire date – Full payment is non refundable
- No responsibility is or can be accepted by the Owner for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any accident.
- If you are involved in an accident you must not admit liability.
- You should obtain the names and addresses of all involved, including witnesses.
- You should also make the campervan secure as possible, contact the emergency services immediately 999 if anyone is injured or if there is any disagreement regarding who is responsible.
- You must also contact the Owner as soon as possible.
- It will also be necessary for you to prepare an accident report and send a copy to the Owner.
A refundable satisfactory return deposit of €1000 is payable in advance to cover any damage or loss caused to the campervan or its equipment whilst on hire. This can also be used, if necessary for cleaning the campervan if it is not returned in a satisfactory condition.
This deposit is to be paid to the owner in cash, debit or credit card.
If you wish to pay by cheque then this must be paid at least two weeks before the rental commences.
The condition of the campervan upon its return will be compared against the condition of the campervan upon its pick up by reference to the difference, if any, described in the campervan Hire Checking Out + Checking in Checklist.
Provided the campervan is returned to the Return Point on the Return Date in the same condition as at the Pick Up Date with a clean interior and there are no other extra charges, the Satisfactory Return Deposit will be refunded within 3-4 working days of the date upon which the campervan is returned.
On some occasions we can return this earlier. Should the campervan be returned in a worse condition than as at the Pick up Date, then repairs, replacement or cleaning costs will be charged against the Satisfactory Return Deposit, up to and including the full €1000.
This paragraph is without prejudice to the rights of the Agent and/or the Owner to recover from you, whether under these Terms or otherwise, any sums due in excess of the Satisfactory Return Deposit for damage or loss howsoever caused to the campervan during the Rental Term.
The following charges are payable and if not paid will be deducted from the Satisfactory Return Deposit:
- Toilet cassette not cleaned & emptied €150.
- The campervan must be returned with a full tank of diesel. Refuelling cost of a tank of fuel €100 will be charged to the hirer.
- Late return of the campervan is charged at €50 per hour or part thereof.
- Any item of stained upholstery will be charged up to and including €50.00 per item
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check and maintain Fuel Adblue, oil, water levels to vehicle specifications.
The Campervan is covered for breakdown assistance service. Please call the owner with your location.
The campervan is under full warranty, however, Hirer is authorised to request repairs up to the value of €50.00 which will be refunded on production of a third party invoice.
Repairs costing in excess of €50.00 must first be authorised by us PRIOR to any work being undertaken.
Confirmation and Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
To agree to these Terms and Conditions in order to accept this Hire Agreement/Contract, your original signature will be required. Print, sign and return this document to Wanderings.
Please only sign this form if you have read and agree to the conditions.